Rockspace WiFi extenders are one of the best options to consider if you want to access a lag-free internet connection at your home or workplace. But, it is quite irritating when the extender fails to deliver the internet connection. Are you also going nuts because of the Rockspace extender connected but no internet issue? Yes? Well, that might also be preventing you from accessing http //re.rockspace.local. But, no worries. This post will guide you on how to resolve the issue you are facing in a snap. So, read on.
Fixed: Rockspace Extender Connected But No Internet
- Reboot the Extender
Your Rockspace extender might not be providing you with a reliable internet connection due to technical glitches. You can get rid of technical glitches by giving your Rockspace extender a simple restart.
Don’t know how to reboot your Rockspace WiFi extender? Well, walk through the below-mentioned instructions and learn about the rebooting process of the extender:
- Disconnect all the devices connected to your Rockspace WiFi extender.
- Now, switch off your Rockspace extender.
- Unplug the extender from its respective wall outlet.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Plug the Rockspace extender back into the wall outlet.
- Switch on your wireless extender.
- Re-connect your devices to your Rockspace extender.
Once the rebooting process gets completed, check whether you are still facing the Rockspace extender connected but no internet issue or not. If it is still troubling you, read the next step.
- Change the Extender’s Placement
Chances are that you are facing the Rockspace extender connected but no internet issue due to the wrong placement of your WiFi device. See to it whether your Rockspace WiFi extender is placed near cellular phones, televisions, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, treadmills, refrigerators, etc. If yes, then change your Rockspace WiFi extender’s placement right away.
Make sure that your extender is away from the aforementioned devices as well as metal objects, reflexive surfaces, and objects containing a large amount of water.
- Connect Your WiFi Devices Properly
Another reason behind the Rockspace extender connected but no internet issue is the improper connection between your extender and the main router. Well, that might have happened because the Ethernet cable you have used to connect your WiFi devices has undergone damage. Isn’t it? So, replace the Ethernet cable with a new one as soon as possible. Also, make sure that it is properly connected to the ports of your Rockspace WiFi extender and the host router.
You can opt for an easier method by connecting your devices using a wireless source. However, while doing so, take absolute care of the distance between them. This is because too much distance will break the communication, whereas too less distance will result in a clash of their WiFi signals.
- Say No to Overheating
Rockspace WiFi extenders are networking devices and it is common for them to heat up while working. But, is your extender heating up more than the normal operating temperatures? Yes? Well, you need to look into the matter before it drags you to other issues similar to the Rockspace extender connected but no internet issue. Here are the instructions that you need to follow in order to prevent overheating of your extender and dissipate it:
- Select a well-ventilated location to place your Rockspace WiFi extender.
- Try not to place your WiFi extender in direct sunlight. It will increase the chances of overheating phenomenon.
- Keep your Rockspace extender off when not required.
- Do not let the dust get accumulated in the air vents of your Rockspace extender.
- Use a USB fan.
- Reset and Reconfigure
If you are still unable to access the internet with your Rockspace WiFi extender, then there are high chances that it has been set improperly. So, you need to configure your Rockspace device properly. But, before that consider resetting the Rockspace extender to the factory default mode.
Given below is an overview of how you can reset your Rockspace WiFi extender:
- Ensure that the proper power is being supplied to your Rockspace extender.
- Once ensured, find the Reset button on the Rockspace device.
- Now, grab a pointed object and press the Reset button on the extender.
- Your Rockspace extender will now operate in the factory default mode.
As soon as your device resets, consider performing Rockspace WiFi extender setup from scratch. With that, you will be able to regain access to a high-speed internet connection after resolving the Rockspace extender connected but no internet issue.