MBA is one of the most sought programs provided by Indira Gandhi National Open University. It’s a renowned public central university in the country that offers many specializations for its students. The primary specialization provided by IGNOU in MBA is HRM, Banking and Finance, Accounting management etc. The last date of the admission for January 2022 session was 31 of Mar, but if you still want to get admission to IGNOU, then you have to wait for the July session and fill out the OPENMAT form because MBA admissions are based on OPENMAT entrance test. Only qualified students of OPENMAT are eligible for admission to MBA programs. The complete guidelines related to admission procedure, fee structure and others are mentioned on the university’s MBA prospectus. To know the details online, visit ignou.ac.in.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University was established by an act of Parliament in 1985. The university was established to create a comfortable place where students of the society can get knowledge. The main motive of IGNOU is to deliver quality education to millions of students so that a large portion of society can be covered easily. The institution has been trying to enhance the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) by providing high-quality teaching services through distance and open learning systems.
Currently, the university has a total number of enrolled candidates crossing 3 million in India and Abroad. It imparts its education through 21 schools with 67 regional centres and 2000 learner support centres spanning almost all the states of the country.
Master of Business Administration Admission 2022 Highlights
- Name of the Course: MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- Course offered by: School of Management Studies (SOMS)
- Duration of the programme: 2 years
- Eligibility of the program: 50% marks in aggregate in bachelor’s degree level
- Mode of Application: Online
- Course Fee: 37800 INR
Eligibility Criteria for MBA of IGNOU as per the Prospectus
The eligibility criteria are one of the most important things in the admission procedure for a course in a university or college. So, here, we are providing some important tips on the eligibility criteria for MBA admissions:
- Students must have achieved at least 50% marks in aggregate in the bachelor’s degree examination.
- For SC/ST category students, the required minimum percentage is 45.
- Candidates who have passed formal degree courses in chartered accountancy, Cost accountancy, and company secretaryship are also eligible to apply for the OPENMAT MBA test.
- OPENMAT is necessary for taking admission to MBA degree courses.
- There is no minimum and maximum age bar for taking admission to the course.
Admission Guidelines for MBA Aspirants in IGNOU
Admission guidelines are also available in the prospectus of IGNOU MBA. You can download the prospectus of IGNOU MBA using the official link of the varsity that is ignou.ac.in.
- First of all, you have to obtain a prospectus from Indira Gandhi National Open University.
- You can also reach the regional centre and then collect the prospectus from the same. The form price is rupees 1050 if you are downloading online and if you visit the campus for the same, then you have to pay an amount of rupees 1000 only.
- Then, fill in all the details carefully in the application form.
- After that, submit your form before the deadline.
- Now, appear for the OPENMAT entrance test and take admission to the varsity.
The application fee is very low as compared to other universities.
For general students, it is rupees 800 INR
For a Reserved category like SC and ST, it is 600 INR
Also Read: IGNOU MBA Fee Structure
IGNOU Selection Criteria
The selection criteria will be based on the performance in the bachelor’s degree examination and the score achieved on the OPENMAT entrance test. Without OPENMAT, no candidate will be allowed admission.
Documents Required as per the Prospectus
There are many documents required for the admission procedure in IGNOU for MBA. Some of the important documents are mentioned below:
- ID proof
- Certificate of Category
- Attested copies of mark-sheet
- Passport size photographs
- Last qualification details like bachelor’s degree in any specialization with 50% marks.
IGNOU Course Fee
Students are required to submit the fee online or offline mode. However, the university prefers online submission of forms and fees too. The complete fee for MBA is 37800 which can be submitted in two instalments. The complete guidelines related to admission procedure, fee structure and others are mentioned on the university’s MBA prospectus. To know the details online, visit ignou.ac.in.
The fee is 1800 per course and there are 21 subjects in MBA. 1800 X 21 = 37800 INR.
The maximum duration of the programme is 5 years as per the guidelines of the university. In the last semester, students need to submit the project works for internships and training sessions.
Every semester is very important to pass a candidate and also for the award of a degree at the end of the course.